What is Rhizome Connect?
Rhizome Connect (RCON) is our annual conference, that brings together fans of BTS, researchers, scholars, music enthusiasts, artists and professionals across a multitude of interdisciplinary practices for 5 days of a free, virtual global conference and convention showcasing and celebrating BTS & ARMY research, fan projects, and stories.
In 2021 from November 3rd to 7th, the event will be presented on our website, while the interactions and panels will be held on streaming services and Discord.
The event consists of 5 areas:
- Live Events: A series of interdisciplinary panels that discuss the latest in research/academics and professional practices related to the study of BTS & ARMY;
- Workshops: More interactive sessions for fans and to support academic researchers;
- Conversations: A series of themed and guided conversations held on our Discord server;
- Showcase: An online space for ARMY organizations and individuals to present/pitch/recruit or simply create awareness. Can include volunteer work, past, present and future research, fan projects and causes, musical performances and spoken word;
- Marketplace: An online global marketplace where ARMY artists can display and sell their work;
- Gallery: An online exhibition displaying unique BTS-related visual art pieces;
Results from RCon 2020
- 2096 ATTENDEES: 14% USA | 13% Brazil | 6% Indonesia | 6% Philippines | 4% India
- 31 ACADEMIC WORKS: ARMY around the world submitted their work about the art, fandom, economic effects, and sociocultural forces of and surrounding BTS.
- 22 WEBINARS: Online discussions streamed presented by researchers.
How can you help us?
We are looking for sponsors for RCon 2021 event. As a 501c3, donations are tax deductable.
Please contact Sponsor@rhizomeconnect.com
How will we spend our funds?
- Tech: We will upgrade the platforms we use during the event, buying their paid services.
- Advertising: Funds will also be used to promote our events and organization through paid ads in social media, in order to reach new audiences.
- Future Funding: In case all of our costs have been covered, we will use our donations as a fund for future projects: translation, commissioning art, grants, and IRB review, all to support internationalization of our work and increase access to academia and education for amateur scholars.